It's satisfying to work on something small enough it can be called 'finished' in a reasonable amount of time, but bigger than a single card. I picked up this board book from Michael's one day with a 55% off coupon. The front cover had a bunch of words on it that led me to believe it is meant for scrap booking (cherish, journey, friends, to name a few). So not my thing! As I see it, I rescued it. I stuck that page on the inside of the back cover. It's my least favourite because the texture still shows and you can make out some of the words still. It just looks like it doesn't belong with the rest. Oh well!
You can see I went with a grid theme. I layered gesso, charcoal, acrylics, gesso, charcoal and papers for all the pages. Here is the front cover.
Here you can see the texture I was talking about on the right hand side.
And finally, the back cover. I hope I haven't bored you with my board book! :)
Because I used charcoal on the top layer, every page had to be sprayed with a fixative.